Really really loved last week’s series of blog posts by “Young Association Professionals” on Acronym. Great perspectives! If you’re worrying about how to get more content for your association blog, getting a regular post from one of the YP’s in your office could be a great place to start.
In case you missed it, here’s the list of posts. Enjoy!
- Through the maze: A career in association management – Beau Ballinger, project manager at AARP explores the career path of an association executive and points us to a fabulous toolkit for YP’s (Through the Maze: Careers in Association Management)
- Why an AMC is a great place for the young association professional – Benjamin Butz of the AMC Executive Directors, Inc. talks about association management from an AMC perspective.
- I’ll stop the world – Aaron Wolowiec, director of education and associate partnerships at the Health Care Association of Michigan, on volunteer leadership.
- Time vs. Creativity: Four ways to win the tug of war – Kimberly Paugh, director of membership at Raybourn Group International, on time management.
- Want to achieve something great? Fail! – Irving Washington, program manager at the National Association of Black Journalists, on failing smart.
- Showing up isn’t half the battle – Darrin Hubbard, CAE, account executive at Ewald Consulting, on combating generational stereotypes.
- The middle path – Alyssa A. Pfennig, CAE, director of membership and event services at Raybourn Group International, presents two awesome scenarios about dealing with generational/management issues at work.
- It’s a setup…for success! – Jennifer Johnson at the American Association of Snowboard Instructors talks about how not to set people up for failure.
- Latitude is Leverage: How a hands-off approach to management enables top achievement by driven young professionals – Kai Gansner, director of member services and vision scoping at Optimist International, on the speed of trust and respect.
- Four Secrets to Connecting with Student Members – by Lilliane Smothers, assistant for student relations at American Dental Hygienists’ Association
- Create a Virtual Learning Conversation for Members – Lauren Wolfe, marketing and communications manager for Higher Logic on how to make webinars not suck
- Ready or Not, Here They Come: Boomers in Social Networking – by Chrisi West, web content manager at Military Officers Association of America
- Three Ways to Connect Your Social Media Outposts – Sara Wood, manager of digital communications at the National Court Reporters Association, talks socmed.
- Get on Board! Young Professionals on Boards of Nonprofits and Associations – Rebecca Swain-Eng, from the American Academy of Neurology introduces a toolkit to help YP’s find board positions.
- Out of Work and Relocating in a Down Economy – by Stacy Bromley Cheetham, operations manager at American Urogynecologic Society
- Lessons Learned on Sustaining Momentum and Navigating Change in Times of Transition – by Tia Abner, global health informatics partnership for American Medical Informatics Association
Nice job guys, I hope you’ll take those ninja blog skillz and do some posts for us over at YAP!