Ever get jealous that the open, unstructured social media efforts of the community completely trounce your well-planned and even well-funded social media programs? Are you frustrated when your own social media efforts are thwarted by inter-departmental competition? These problems are common, and we can no longer blame them on people “not getting” social media. The blame actually lies in the way we run our organizations. In this session the authors of Humanize: How People-Centric Organizations Succeed in a Social World will explore how to create organizations that are more human, thus more compatible with social media.
1. Understand the subtle ways in which our organizational “best practices” have been sabotaging our social media efforts for some time now.
2. Understand a new framework for changing culture, process, and behavior in organizations in ways that is more aligned with the power of social media.
3. Begin to develop specific strategies for changing their own organization on at least one of those three levels.
Sound interesting? Come join me at Blogworld & New Media Expo New York on June 5, where Jamie and I will be presenting this session with a GREAT guest panelist – Amy Sample Ward, Membership Director at NTEN. We’ll be asking Amy to describe the many efforts her organization makes to be a truly human one.
BlogWorld & New Media Expo is the first and only industry-wide conference, tradeshow & media event for all New Media! Anyone who is creating content online with Blogging, Podcasting, Vlogging, Web TV or Internet Radio, Social Media, or New Media Content of any kind should attend.
This is the one conference where you’ll find the most comprehensive and critical knowledge for growing your business, brand and audience with the latest new media technology, methods and tools.
If you are interested in, or currently blog, podcast or vlog about business, technology, politics, sports, lifestyle & culture, general news items, celebrity gossip, marketing, entertainment, music or any other topic — you need to be here to learn how to:
- Create your blog and cover buzzworthy topics
- Make your blog stand out from the competition
- Promote your blog via distribution channels and social media
- Network with other bloggers and influencers
- Expand the audience of your podcast, video blog, web TV or internet radio show
- Produce your best podcasts, web TV, and radio shows
- Supercharge your marketing with tools like Twitter and Facebook
- Generate a diverse, loyal and interactive community around your content and company
- Respond to customer feedback with best online practices
- Measure the reach of your show, blog, and community
- Avoid problems by becoming educated on critical points for ethical online content
But if you can’t make it to New York and still want to get all that BlogWorld has to offer, choose the ‘Virtual Ticket‘ when you go to register — and you can ‘attend’ from home, on your own timeframe, for a fraction of the cost.
Here’s what you get for that:
- Video recordings (the A/V presentation plus speaker audio) of nearly all sessions at BlogWorld & New Media Expo. (You can watch these videos on the site or download them for your archives.)
- Video recordings of nearly all sessions at the Social Media Business Summit. [INCLUDING OUR HUMANIZE SESSION]
- MP3 audio recordings of every session in #1 and #2 above.
- Exclusive video interviews with BlogWorld speakers that even the in-person attendees won’t get (unless, of course, they add the Virtual Ticket, which they totally should).
- Daily exclusive audio interviews, delivered each evening during the live event.
- Extensive social media coverage in the form of photos and updates about what’s going on live.