Video dogooders! The DoGooder Video Awards are taking submissions. The DoGooder Awards recognize nonprofits and individual change-makers using video to tell stories, raise awareness and inspire action. If you made a video in 2012, be sure to enter it into the contest by March 22, 2013.
Winners of the contest receive $3500 from Cisco, free registration to NTEN’s 2014 Nonprofit Technology Conference, and their video will be featured on YouTube’s spotlight page – which is a great way to increase your audience.
And it’s a fantastic opportunity to show off the creative work you’ve done for your cause, while helping other dogooders see what they can do.
There are four separate categories in this year’s DoGooder Awards: the ImpactX Award for the video with the greatest real-world impact; Best Nonprofit Video; Funny for Good, recognizing effective use of comedy; and the Change Agent Award, for individuals who’ve produced their own cause-focused video. Entries must have been produced between January 1st, 2012, and March 22 2013. Each entrant can submit as many videos as they would like.
- Entries cannot exceed 10 minutes in length and are limited to individuals and organizations from the U.S., Canada, the United Kingdom, and Australia. See contest rules here.
- There are no specific types of missions we are looking for – individuals and organizations working for any cause are welcome to enter.
- You can submit your videos from March 4 until March 22.
- Starting March 25, voting is open to the public, so be sure to spread the word (by email, Facebook, Google+, Twitter, carrier pigeon, old-fashioned word of mouth).
- Entrants in the category of Best Nonprofit Video must join the YouTube Nonprofit Program (youtube.com/nonprofits). It’s quick, easy, and free to eligible organizations. If you’re picked as a semifinalist in the contest, YouTube will make sure your organization’s application for membership is approved in time to be eligible for public voting. YouTube has built this program just for nonprofits to give extra leverage to online video and organization channels – it’s worth signing up.
It’s easy to enter the contest, so go for it! And good luck!