In order for your blog or website to stay alive and well, you need traffic. This traffic must be constant, and in an ideal world, it should always be growing. The problem is, many bloggers and those with websites don’t get as much traffic as they like, and it is natural to wonder why. What makes the difference between a good website and a great website?
Of course, the answer lies in many different areas, but one of the defining points in making your website stand out is that it makes sense. Confusing ideas that are explained with too many words will cause your readers to look elsewhere– somewhere that makes sense. How do you fix this problem? Start using infographics.
What are infographics?
Infographics are essentially a way to simplify complicated or complex ideas so that people can understand them. This is done using fun graphics to draw in visitors and keep them entertained.
Many people have a much easier time looking at a graph, chart or picture, and understanding something, rather than trying to read through a long, drawn-out paragraph. When your site is too complicated, visitors don’t stick around for long.
Why use infographics?
Other than it being a way to simplify concepts and ideas for your readers, there are several other reasons to use infographics on your site.
- Readers are drawn to your site. It doesn’t matter what you’re trying to explain—when people see fun graphics, they are instantly more prone to look at your site.
- Using infographics increases backlinks. If you want to be the site that others link to for your easy explanations of complex ideas, start using well-designed infographics. This gets your page a lot more recognition.
- You can be a more useful site. Every site should want to be useful to their readers, and infographics are a great way to do this. The easier people are able to understand who you are, the more readers come back.
The uses for infographics are numerous! Readers will definitely be thankful when you begin employing these fun graphics on your site. A helpful tip is not to overdo your infographics. Choose simple, yet well-designed images to get your point across.
Which infographics should I use?
Now that we’ve covered the what and the why, now, let’s get to the which. To get you started on your path to successfully incorporating infographics into your site, here are some that have been proven great for beginners and veterans alike.
- Piktochart: using a simple drag-and-drop method, this is a really easy way to get familiar with using infographics.
- Info.gram: if you use a lot of charts and graphs, then this is the one for you. Info.gram turns boring charts into fun things to look at for your visitors!
- Easel.ly: this one has some great themes and fun colors to make your infographics unique and interesting. You can’t go wrong here!
Now that you have a brief overview of why infographics are so important to take your site to the next level, it’s time to try your hand at integrating them today. Use them throughout your posts, and watch the traffic flock to your site.
BONUS: Check out all the infographics we love here on SocialFish.
Marcela De Vivo is a freelance writer and online marketing professional from Los Angeles who’s writing covers everything from social media marketing, to content development and web hosting. She personally loves creating infographics for her business, Gryffin Media, and finds that traffic to her site really does improve.