Content curation describes the act of searching the web for awesome topics, blogs, quotes, news articles, videos, images, or other forms of content to share with your audience. Of course, in this case, we’re not talking about curating content to use on personal profile pages—we’re talking about content curation for the purpose of marketing on social media.
The “art” of content curation, as I like to call it, is a lot more challenging than it may seem. If you’re a marketer, you would already know this fact. With an infinite amount of data being uploaded on the web every day, how do we know where to look and what to pick?
Thankfully though, there’s also a long list of tools now available for this specific task. Here’s a list of tools we picked out to help you find and post the most relevant and share-worthy content. Check ‘em out!
- Paper.li: This content curation tool will help you find, customize, and publish content on the web or social media in a zap. With the help of paper.li you can create newsletters with top content. First, you select your sources or include keywords to filter the search. Then you customize your “paper” and include the topics you want. Finally, all you have to do is schedule the posts and publish it on any platform you like.
- Curata: This is an award-winning content discovery tool for finding the best content with their “self-learning” search engine, organizing it, and publishing or promoting it anytime and anywhere. Curata will also help you analyze your content marketing and drill down to what worked and why. This tool won the “trend setter” products award and many others.
- Drum up: Drum up is pretty simple to use and perfect for small-scale needs. It aims to provide users with fresh stories to share with their social media audience and increase their following. Even if you have several social media accounts (Twitter, Linked In, Facebook), Drum up will allow you to manage it all from one place (dashboard) where you can monitor your posts and tweak your preferences or settings. One of the best things about this app is that it’s available on Playstore for Android users to find and schedule posts on-the-go.
- Storify: Sharing “stories” rather than content is all a rage now. The idea behind Storify is to do exactly that by curating content over social media. Type a keyword in their search engine and find stories (relevant news, live events, popular campaigns, conversations, and even memes) worth sharing on the topic. With a drag-and-drop feature you can easily create and customize stories along with a headline and short description. You can also enhance your story by adding posts, photos, or comments from you site.
- Trap it: With trap.it you can “trap” a topic with the help of keywords or URLs. When the content is delivered to you, you can “thumbs up” content that you like and “thumbs down” content that you don’t, to further clarify your preferences. The trap.it search engine will draw from over 100,000 sources and has the best filtering capabilities.
- Klout: This tool is slightly different from the others where specific keywords are used to search content. Klout curates content based on topics and “suggests” some for your audience. The curation is slightly broader as a result, but can be quite helpful if you’re not looking for anything too specific. Klout also allows you to track how well-received your content was with the help of re=tweets, likes, and shares that add or subtract to your “Kloutscore”. This is a nifty app that you can use in conjunction with a keyword searching tool.
- Feedly: With the help of Feedly, you can manage all your RSS feeds in one place. Feedly is basically an RSS aggregator. Tell feedly to curate content from your favorite publications, blogs, Youtube channels, alerts, podcasts etc. You can also integrate this tool with your Twitter, Hootsuite, Dropbox, Linked In, P interest, and other accounts. This is a popular tool with millions of “users.
- Publish This: This tool is slightly more advanced compared to other simpler tools such as Klout and Trap.it. This is a perfect fit for your business needs, whether you are an agency, brand, publisher, or simply a content marketer, looking for increased loyalty, leads, and audiences. The tool has a unique semantic search engine, a dashboard to manage your preferences and organize your content, and simple ways to publish or promote your content through online web channels or networks.