Here’s a nice, short and sweet slide deck from my friend Michael Brito, speaking at Dreamforce a few days ago (oh how I wish I was there! If anyone can pull strings and get us speaking about Humanize for Dreamforce next year… )
Here are Michael’s notes from this blog post with the slides:
Before I talked about the how, I started the presentation with why it’s important and what the results of social media proficiency can bring :
- Employee Advocacy: Employees are trusted; they can help feed the content engine
- Employee Collaboration: Innovation, Process improvement and an increase in productivity
- Partner Collaboration: Bringing products to market faster through social collaboration
- Social Marketing Excellence: Sharing best practices w/ other marketing teams, geographies; governance/compliance
I then discussed some key considerations when deploying a training curriculum.
- Have a vision; aligned with business goals. Obviously.
- Establish a Social Media Center or Excellence responsible for deploying training initiatives.
- Create actionable curriculum that enables employees and other marketing teams
- Build workflows for content creation, approval, optimization and distribution
- Start thinking like a media company