Private Community Management Certificate Program
This 8-week online certificate program is designed for association community managers (and association executives with community management as part of their job responsibilities). You’ll learn the fundamentals of community management strategy and develop the skills to nurture (or troubleshoot) any online community. Hear about lessons learned, new perspectives, and effective approaches from eight successful community managers. And share your own experiences with fellow attendees in a peer-to-peer learning environment.
Participants will receive a certificate of completion at the end of the program, as well as continuing access to course materials and discussions.
Online (both live and asynchronous)
15 Total Hours (8 one-hour scheduled virtual roundtables, plus 7 hours of course prep and online discussion)
October 2013 Instructors:
- Tim McDonald, HuffPost Live – keynote speaker for week 1
- Other discussion leaders being confirmed as we speak!
- Maddie Grant, CAE, ICF International
- Lindy Dreyer, ICF International
- Ben Martin, CAE, Online Community Results and ICF International
- Program Dates: (Wednesdays at noon EST)
- October 2: Keynote Address–100 Day Online Community Bootcamp Tim McDonald, Director of Community, Huffington Post
- October 9: Planning for Your Community – Lori Gracey, Executive Director, Texas Computer Education Association
- October 16: Launching Your New Community – Peter Staal, Community Manager, Motivation Office Support
- October 23: Reporting Engagement Activity – Lauren Glickman, Freelance Digital Consultant
- October 30: Content Strategy for Your Community – Bonnie Church, Senior Community Manager, Association of Christian Schools International
- November 6: Handling Risk Inside Your Community – Blake Hegeman, Legal Counsel, Virginia Association of REALTORS
- November 13: How Your Community Fits in the Digital Ecosystem – James Baumann, Director of Communications and Marketing, Association of College and University Officers International
- November 20: What Does Success Look Like? – Maggie McGary, Marketing Manager, American Association of Blood Banks
Dates, Fees, and Registration:
This program provides an estimated 8 CAE application or renewal credits. (Note: This program is not endorsed, accredited, or affiliated with the CAE program, and no program is required to meet eligibility requirements. For more information on CAE, visit www.whatiscae.com.)
Fees: $895 [Scholarships may be available. Are you an association industry vendor looking for a sponsorship opportunity? Email email@example.com] Group rates are also available for 3+ staff of a single organization.
Dates: Wednesdays at noon starting October 2 (10/2, 10/9, 10/16, 10/23, 10/30, 11/6, 11/13, 11/20)
SocialFish, LLC is a CAE Approved Provider. This program meets the requirements for fulfilling the professional development requirements to earn or maintain the Certified Association Executive credential. Every program that we offer which qualifies for CAE credit will clearly identify the number of CAE credits granted for full participation, and we will maintain records of your participation in accord with CAE policies. For more information about the CAE credential or Approved Provider program, please visit www.whatiscae.org.
As a CAE Approved Provider educational program related to the CAE exam content outline, this program may be applied for 8 credits toward your CAE application or renewal professional development requirements.
Note: This program is not endorsed, accredited, or affiliated with ASAE or the CAE program. Applicants may use any program that meets eligibility requirements in the specific timeframe towards the exam application or renewal. There are no specific individual courses required as part of the applications – selection of eligible education is up to the applicant based on his/her needs.